Broccoli is the perfect first food for babies! There are so many ways to prepare it for baby-led weaning. Let me show you how!
WHEN CAN BABIES EAT BROCCOLI?
Formerly, only breastfed babies were allowed to eat broccoli. However, nowadays babies can eat any food from the age of six months. Broccoli is the perfect first food for babies because it is very easy to prepare, tastes delicious, and is nutritious.
RECIPES FOR BROCCOLI
This is a really easy recipe. I just use frozen broccoli and then add a few spices. It’s a great recipe for babies and I can eat it too.
In contrast to other recipes for broccoli soup, this one doesn’t use cream or milk.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Take the broccoli out of the freezer and chop it into small pieces.
3. Place the broccoli into a casserole dish and mix in the garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika, cumin, and salt.
4. Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, and olive oil.
5. Conversely, mix in the tomato puree, coconut milk, and water.
6. Bake the broccoli for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Broccoli & Cheese
This is my favorite broccoli recipe. It’s delicious and it’s a good way to get your baby to eat broccoli.
1. Cook the broccoli for about 8-10 minutes in a pan.
2. As has been noted in the past, it is best to chop the broccoli into small pieces.
3. Add the garlic and ginger to the broccoli and cook for another minute.
4. Then add the cheese, salt, and pepper.
5. Mix in the lemon juice and soy sauce.
6. Then add the tomato puree and water.
7. Cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve immediately.
In addition, it is also recommended that you serve this broccoli recipe with a spoon so that the baby can enjoy eating it.
How long should I steam broccoli for my baby?
We do not recommend that you use boiling water. Boiling water can actually be harmful to babies and can cause stomach issues. Instead, I recommend using a steamer.
It is recommended that you steam the broccoli for about 8-10 minutes. However, if your baby is very hungry, it is recommended that you steam the broccoli for about 15 minutes.
The reason why I recommend steaming the broccoli is that I want the broccoli to be softer. However, if you boil the broccoli, it will be a bit firmer. Therefore, if you boil the broccoli, it is recommended that you boil it for about 5 minutes.
Why should I offer my baby broccoli?
There are many reasons why you should offer your baby broccoli. For example, if your baby has an intolerance to certain foods, you can use broccoli to make up for it. Also, you can use broccoli to make up for foods that you are not sure your baby can eat.
Furthermore, broccoli is the perfect first food for babies because it is easy to prepare, tastes delicious, and is nutritious.